200hr Power Yoga Teacher Training
Next Course Dates:
July 20 to October 28 2018 (Filling up)
February 1 to May 7 2019 (Accepting Enrolments)
July 19 to October 27 2019
Sharpen your Public Speaking skills with hours of Practical Teaching
Development of Leadership skills
Aquire effective communication skills
Learn how to deliver a strong balanced Power Flow class
Advanced Anatomy and Body Alignment
Philosophy and Personal Development
World Recognised Yoga Alliance RYT200 Qualification
Industry & Business Expertise
A part-time course to fit in with your regular commitments
Maximum 16 students in the course
A saving of over $1000 with unlimited access to yoga classes from the date of your deposit
Want to learn more?
Have you been thinking about becoming a yoga teacher? Is it time to make a change? Do you want to advance your practise to the next level? Or, are you compelled to deepen your understanding of your yoga practice? With this Yoga Alliance Registered course you will discover the authentic and empowered version of yourself and help others to move, grow and reach their goals. We employ educators from a range of lineages, who have dedicated their lives to helping others transform theirs. Learn from them the art and science of designing and delivering a safe, dynamic class. Learn to truly teach with emphasis placed on clearly instructing students bodies into alignment. Find Yourself: We give you the space and opportunity to find your own teaching style.
This 200 hour Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher Training course will empower you with the tools to strengthen your own practice, become part of the fastest growing health and wellness sector, learn how to transform lives. If you aspire to teach, you're in good company: Since the opening of MOVE Yoga we have attracted the highest calibre of teachers and educators. Learn from the best. We want you to master the fundamentals, so completing our program will mark the beginning of your successful career as a yoga teacher.
COURSE DATES & TIMES
We have two intakes per year in February (commencing term 1) and July (commencing term 3). Our 200 Hour Level 1 Yoga Teacher Training course is perfect for the busy professional and runs Friday evening through to Sunday over 9 weekends during Term 1/2 (February intake) and 3/4 (July intake). Each intake will break twice for 3 weeks including over the April and September school holidays. The course concludes with a final exam and practical assessment.
2018 TERM DATES:
See table below
Friday night: 6pm to 9pm
Saturday & Sunday 7.30am to 5pm
July 2018 Intake (ACCEPTING ENROLMENTS)
Week 1) Fri 20, Sat 21, Sun 22 July
Week 2) Fri 27, Sat 28, Sun 29 July
Week 3) Fri 3, Sat 4, Sun 5 August*
Week 4) Fri 31 Aug, Sat 1, Sun 2 September
Week 5) Fri 7, Sat 8, Sun 9 September
Week 6) Fri 14, Sat 15, Sun 16 September*
Week 7) Fri 12, Sat 13, Sun 14 October
Week 8) Fri 19, Sat 20, Sun 21 October
Week 9) Fri 26, Sat 27, Sun 28 October (Final Assessment)
*Note a break at Week 3 and Week 6 for school holidays
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF THE COURSE?
- How to build confidence and strength in your practice and daily life
- How to teach yoga as an all-encompassing workout for body, mind and spirit
- The history of yoga and how its foundation is relevant today
- Proper posture alignment, how to avoid injury and basic anatomy
- How to sequence postures with breath for a powerful Vinyasa flow
- Tools to create and teach dynamic classes to help you build a loyal following
- Cultivating your voice and learning to remove unnecessary language
- How to present your class so it’s inspirational, engaging and effective
- How to use props to improve or modify a posture
- How to observe bodies, read alignment and make proper adjustments for your students
- Understand the business of yoga and where to next
- A powerflow sequence
- Breakdown of the sequence
- Practical teaching experience
- Teaching feedback approaches and coaching
- Philosophy (Yoga Sutras)
- Class Prep and Sequencing Delivery
- Class theming, class structure planning and managing the room
- Cueing and Effective Communication Strategies
- Business of Yoga - Yoga Industry Background
- Yoga lineages and History Relevance
- Safety, OHS and safe practices
- Introduction to Anatomy and Body Systems
PRE-REQUISITES and ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- This course is reserved for those who have had a regular yoga practice for minimum 12 months or equivalent.
- Successful applicants are required to undertake a phone interview, complete an Application form and place a $500 deposit to secure you spot
- Students will have unlimited membership to all regularly schedule MOVE Yoga classes from the date deposit received till the conclusion of the training
- Teacher Training Manual will be supplied on the first night of the course; students are required to purchase 3 text books prior to commencement (book list will be provided once deposit is paid)
- Teacher Trainees will be required to practise minimum 3 yoga classes per week for the duration of the course
- We require 100% attendance of all lectures, so please check the dates carefully. Unplanned and specific leave requests are handled on a case by case basis.
- Upon completion, you’ll earn a 200-hour level yoga certification and certificate, recognized by Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia*.
Level 1, 335 Flinders Lane
Melbourne VIC 3000
$3490 (Early Bird before 30 May)*
*Tuition must be paid in full by the early registration date to receive the discounted rate.
Payment Plans available!
ENQUIRE NOW: firstname.lastname@example.org