Terms & Conditions
- MOVE Flexible Member $45 Weekly Direct Debit $45 per week/$90 fortnightly direct debit out of your nominated account; access to unlimited yoga classes; complimentary white shower towel each time you practise; 6 week minimum commitment - free to cancel at any stage after 6 weeks; suspension after 6 week period in written request via email (minimum 7 day increments)
- MOVE GOLD Member $29.95 Weekly. $29.95 per week direct debit contract; Minimum term 12 months or 52 payments - free to cancel at any stage after 12 months. Includes unlimited access to regularly scheduled yoga classes, but excludes guest teachers, workshops, retreats, teacher training or other special events. After 52 payments (minimum term), membership can be cancelled at any time in writing (via email). After the initial 6 weeks (6 autopayments) suspension available in minimum 7 day increments; 12 week suspension option per year during the contract (52 autopayments). Complimentary white shower towel each time you practise. Should you wish to cancel your membership prior to completing the 12 month comittment, you have the option of paying out the contract pro-rata of the balance owed, less 20%.
- Early Bird 12 Month Unlimited No concession rates available. No transfers or refunds apply. Activated upon date of first visit on the class pack and may begin at the end of current Intro Offer or pricing option. Maximum 6 week suspension.
- Black Friday 12 Month Membership. On sale from 23/11/18 to 10pm 26/11/18 a 1 Year Unlimited Membership for $1199. Complimentary white salon towel each time you practise; Access to all regularly scheduled yoga classes; 6 week suspension (suspend right away or over Christmas). Membership Pricing Option activates from the sale date; No refunds, transfers or extensions.
Class packs and Unlimited Memberships exclude attendance at guest teachers classes, workshops, retreats, teacher training or other special events. The activation date is the date of the first class booked or attended on the class pack, hereon referred to as the ‘Activation Date’. 12 Month Expiry.
Spring Into Summer 20 Class Pack. No concession rates available. No transfers or refunds apply. Activated upon date of first visit on the class pack and may begin at the end of current Intro Offer or pricing option. 12 Month Expiry.
- The Intro Offer is valid for 2 weeks from the pass activation date. The activation date is the date of the first class booked or attended on the pass, hereon referred to as the ‘Activation Date’.
- The Intro Offer allows you to attended an unlimited number of regularly scheduled classes during the pass activation period of 2 weeks.
- The Intro Offer is available for new members, or returning members who have not been back in the studio for over 12 months, once only.
In an effort to ensure as many of you as possible get into our classes and continue to enjoy the reservation of your mat, as of Monday 13th August we have made some changes to our Booking Policy:-
- You may cancel a class reservation up to 4 hours before the class start time FREE of charge. (This time has increased from 30 minutes)
- You may late cancel your mat reservation within the 4 hour window and up to the class start time, however to maintain this level of service, if you late cancel 3 times within a week, our system will apply a $10 booking fee to your account
- If we don't have your account details, the system will pause your account and apply a $10 booking fee. You may pay the booking fee via email request or at the studio at any time. Once you have paid the booking fee your reservation functionality will be restored.
- To reserve a class regardless of whether you attend or not, our system will apply a $15 reservation fee. The reservation fee will ONLY be applied if you reserve a mat and then DON'T arrive for the scheduled class
- Considering the above changes to our booking policies, please ensure that you are checked in at reception prior to each class (especially when you attend back to back classes).
- For Class Pack's, you will forfeit your booked class when you late cancel or for non-attendance
In addition to these booking changes, we have also improved the following procedures:-
MEET YOUR MAT, EARLY
We all get held up in the hustle of the CBD sometimes, however entering the classroom late can disrupt other students. It is for this reason that we will now be locking classroom doors strictly after the scheduled start time. If you are running a few minutes late, please notify our reception staff and they will do their best to fit you into the next class.
MOBILE FREE ZONE
Our classrooms are a space where students can wind down. The sound of a notification, a photograph being taken or even just the sight of a phone can be disruptive. It is for this reason that we request you leave mobile phones in the lockers provided and enjoy switching off for an hour or so…
Balancing a busy schedule and yoga can be difficult, however we believe dedication is key to growth and transformation. That's why our teachers carefully plan each class to try and give you the best overall experience. We promise to finish on time, and ask that all students stay until the end of class.
- Contract is in force for a fortnight from the contract start date with automatic renewal at the end of the contract term, unless cancelled by either party.
- The fortnightly direct debit membership has a minimum term of twelve weeks. After twelve consecutive weeks, the memberships will automatically continue on a fortnightly basis until termination of the membership.
- The fortnightly direct-debit membership allows you to attended unlimited regularly scheduled and advertised classes.
- Fortnightly fees will be deducted via client authorised automatic credit card or nominated bank account. Payment in fortnightly increments by any other means is not permitted.
- Client will be notified if their credit card or bank account payment fails to authorise for any reason, and a $9.90 late fee will apply if I a valid credit card or authorised bank account is not provided within 7 calendar days of the original rejection date. This fee is charged by Ezidebit directly and will not be absorbed by MOVE Yoga. Please note your credit card statement will show "Ezidebit AU Newstead" for all Ezidebit payments and this will indicate your payment to MOVE Yoga.
- All services will be deactivated if an account becomes more than 30 calendar days late.
- If a direct debit cannot be made for any reason, MOVE Yoga may in its absolute discretion, process payment anytime after the due date upon receipt of sufficient monies in your account.
- Pro Rate fees will be available and calculated when the contract is purchased in the studio for elected payment dates.
- The fortnightly direct-debit membership excludes attendance at guest teacher classes, workshops, retreats, teacher training or other special events
- Memberships may not be shared. Anyone caught sharing memberships will be denied entry and forfeit their membership permanently.
- To suspend your direct debit, a completed request must be submitted in email format to email@example.com at least 48 hours in advance of your next billing date in order for your request to be effective from the next billing cycle. Billing date is based on your activation date listed below.
- Memberships may be suspended for a minimum of one week and a maximum of six weeks.
- Following the end of your requested suspension period, your fortnightly direct debit will automatically be reactivated.
- To cancel your direct debit contract, email your cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance of your next billing date in order for your request to be effective. Cancellations are only valid after completion of the minimum twelve week term.
- I recognise that the Program has been designed to provide yoga education for students who are seeking to become a qualified yoga teacher and for those who wish to deepen their yoga practice without becoming a teacher.
- The Program is intended to result in the completion of all hours specified for the training. If a student completes all hours (contact and non-contact) of training and successfully passes the Assessment requirements the student will be issued a certificate of teacher training from MOVE Yoga.
- MOVE Yoga teacher trainings are registered with Yoga Alliance. Upon successful completion of the RYS200 & RYS300 program, the student will be eligible to apply for membership with Yoga Alliance.
- We require 100 percent attendance. If you need to miss any session you must speak to the Faculty prior to the session and a catch up session will be agreed and arranged at the Faculties discretion. You are responsible for any course material missed.
- In addition, all students must possess the skills and abilities necessary to safely and competently teach yoga, and a high level of emotional and mental stability and maturity. Full participation in and completion of all course components is mandatory for certification.
- For those students who are pursuing certification, the Faculty reserves the right to withhold certification from any student who fails to develop and demonstrate the necessary skills, competencies, maturity and emotional stability necessary to safely and competently teach yoga. Any student denied certification has the right to seek the review of the Faculty. The Faculty will conduct a fair review of the situation and any determination of the Faculty will be final.
- The student hereby agrees to waive and release any Released Party from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation legal fees and expenses) suffered by you as a result of any misstatements made by you in this Agreement, your failure to disclose any physical or psychological condition which may impair your ability to complete the Program, your failure to complete the Program or any reason or your participation in the Program.
- “Released Party” shall mean the Studio and its owners, agents, representatives, employees, independent contractors, workshop presenters and teachers.
- Subject to meeting all of the requirements for certification described above, certification will be granted when all payments and fees have been fully received by the Program. The Studio does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, or sexual preference.
- I understand the Program has been designed to create the optimal yoga education for the majority of students. I recognise that this Program has been designed to provide yoga education for students who are pursing a yoga teaching qualification as well as those who wish to deepen their yoga practice.
- During my participation in this Program, I am responsible for monitoring what is safe for me and I can stop my participation in any experience at any time. Although my attendance is required in each session to become certified as a yoga teacher, I recognise my responsibility to speak up or take myself out of an experience if I feel unsafe. I do not, and will not hold, any Released Party responsible for my physical and psychological well-being.
- The Program recognises that the nature of yoga is to promote physical and psychological growth through which profound transformation can occur. It is your responsibility to do your best to uphold and foster a sacred, safe environment to foster transformation. It is important for you to possess a high degree of emotional maturity and personal integrity in order to serve and empower your students.
- I understand that during the course of the Program, I will be challenged physically and encouraged to take personal risks. I understand that practicing yoga is often about exploring new boundaries and limitations and that no Released Party is responsible for any physical and psychological risks that I may choose to take in connection with my participation in the Program. I understand that the study of yoga involves exploring and discussing different religious, personal and belief systems. These belief systems may be different from my own. I understand that the Program is not requiring me to change my beliefs in any way.
- The deposit and full course fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- I understand that I am entitled to no refunds, credits, or adjustments resulting from my failure to complete or satisfy the certification requirements or to comply with the Code of Ethics in the event I am certified. I understand that the Studio is under no obligation to award any credit for past experience or training if I fail to complete the Program but may do so in the exercise of the sole discretion of the Teaching Faculty (the “Faculty”).
Revocation of Teaching Certification
- Any complaint about the unethical behaviour of a teacher who has been certified by the Studio’s Program will result in a thorough and fair investigation by the Faculty. This investigation will offer the opportunity for the teacher to present his or her statement of the facts and circumstances of the behaviour. If the Faculty finds that a teacher has violated the Code of Ethics, the certification may be revoked in the sole and complete discretion of the Faculty.
The Code of Conduct
- If I become certified as a Studio yoga teacher, I agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct (see MOVE Code of Conduct).
- In order to make an informed decision about your application to enter the Program, we must be able to rely on the truth and completeness of your information. You must answer all questions fully and honestly. If you are forced to leave the Program because of a health consideration, your opportunity to continue in another session is at the discretion of the Teaching Faculty. By signing below, you affirm that the information provided in this application is true and complete.
- If I am participating in the Program to become registered as a yoga teacher, I have carefully read the Certification Requirements and accept the requirements, conditions, and agreements expressed therein. I understand that the Teaching Faculty may deny the opportunity to pursue certification to any student who it determines has not met the Certification Requirements in the exercise of its sole discretion. I understand that my failure to meet the criteria will result in my not being certified.
- I understand that providing inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading information is grounds for rejecting this application, being required to leave the Program after I have commenced participation, or the revocation of my certification after completing the Program.
- I have carefully read the Agreement and the Release of Liability and understand that the Studio is not responsible for any physical or psychological harm that may result from my participation in the Program.
- I have carefully read the Code of Conduct and understand that any violation of the Code of Conduct during the training could result in my not being certified and that any future violation of the Code of Conduct could result in the revocation of my certification.
- I have read and understand the refund policy set forth in this document.
- I have read this document in its entirety, understand it and agree to honour it. I also understand that by signing the application below, I am agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
Code of Professional Conduct for Yoga Teachers
The Code of Professional Conduct makes explicit the standards of ethical and professional behaviour expected of MOVE Yoga teachers and teacher trainees, by their peers and the community. This code is a practical application of MOVE Yoga’s Statement of Ethics. It offers guidance to teachers in their role of supporting students in their practice of yoga. This Code applies to all employees and independent contractors of MOVE Yoga. The Code also informs yoga students and the community of the level of professional behaviour required of MOVE Yoga employees and independent contractors.
A good teacher – student relationship requires the teacher to have high standards of professional conduct. Yoga teachers need to respect the rights and dignity of all students. They also need to respect the trust placed in the teacher by the student. The following codes emphasise trust and safety as the basis for the teacher – student relationship. (Please note, here the word ‘student’ includes those attending yoga classes, teacher trainees and those being mentored.)
Respect and Rights
MOVE Yoga teachers will: demonstrate respect to all students regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, physical and psychological limitation, sexual orientation or religious affiliation and respect the values, beliefs and aspirations of all yoga students.
MOVE Yoga teachers will: protect students’ privacy and right to confidentiality; treat all information about students as confidential; obtain consent from students before photographing, audio or video tape recording or permitting third party observation of yoga sessions; ask students’ permission before adding their names to print or email mailing lists and be clear about the content of mail-outs; respect also the students’ right to opt out of the mailing list.
Relationships based on trust and clear communication enable teachers to work effectively with their students. MOVE Yoga teachers will: communicate with students in a courteous, respectful, compassionate and honest manner; communicate respect for students through actions, language and behaviour; listen to students needs, concerns, and preferences; communicate clearly about ways to practise yoga safely; seek permission before, and be respectful when, physically adjusting a student; make comments about a student’s practice that are constructive and positive, not denigrating.
MOVE Yoga teachers will: maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the teaching and practice of yoga; maintain safety procedures for yoga equipment; support the safety of students in the teaching of yoga; adhere to relevant legislative requirements relating to safety and care including Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and Duty of Care requirements; maintain public liability and professional indemnity insurance requirements; maintain current first aid training qualification and competency.
MOVE Yoga teachers will: be considerate of the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of students; be considerate of the preferences and limitations of students; maintain appropriate professional boundaries; recognise the power-imbalance between teacher and student and not harass or exploit students physically, psychologically, emotionally, sexually or financially; declare and take appropriate steps to address any conflict of interest that may arise in dealings with students; avoid relationships that could compromise the integrity of the teacher-student relationship
MOVE Yoga teachers will: acknowledge the student’s right to make a complaint and work with MOVE Yoga management to take all necessary actions to resolve any complaints or grievances
Relationship with Peers
These codes outline a professional approach to working with other yoga teachers and relevant professionals. MOVE Yoga teachers will:
- Speak respectfully of other yoga traditions and health modalities
- Treat other yoga teachers and colleagues in a respectful manner
- When appropriate, refer to and work cooperatively with other yoga teachers an relevant health practitioners, to meet the needs of the student
- Consult and take advice from colleagues and mentors, when appropriate
These Codes relate to maintaining the professionalism in yoga teaching as expected by peers, students and the community.
MOVE Yoga teachers will: maintain the currency of their teaching skills and knowledge, in accordance with MOVE Yoga’s Guidelines; acknowledge and teach yoga within the scope of their skills, knowledge and ability; maintain their own regular yoga practice; commit to ongoing professional development; agree to cooperate fully with any MOVE Yoga enquiry in relation to behaviour and responsibilities as an employee or independent contractor; abide by all MOVE Yoga policies and procedures
Integrity in Teaching:
MOVE Yoga teachers will: In all professional matters, act in a manner which honours the profession; honestly, accurately and fairly represent the benefits and outcomes of yoga practice; respect copyright and acknowledge sources when drawing on the work of others
MOVE Yoga teachers will: abide by all relevant business and legislative requirements, including, but not limited to, insurance, work cover, pay and conditions, taxation, accounting, marketing and advertising, and copyright; ensure all information relating to the benefits of yoga and information used for promotional and marketing purposes is accurate, fair, clearly stated and not misleading in any way; treat all employees, the community, students, colleagues and other yoga businesses fairly, transparently and honestly in the course of all business transactions; wherever possible adhere to environmentally friendly and sustainable business practices, including, but not limited to, recycling, using energy efficient products, being energy efficient, reducing waste, saving water and travelling smarter.
- Every possible effort will be made to deliver classes and services on time as advertised. However the schedule is subject to change or cancellation with out notice. MOVE Yoga is not liable to refund, transfer or offer compensation of any kind for classes that are late, changed or cancelled for any reason.
- The door to the studio will be locked at the beginning of each class for safety and security. Late entry will not be permitted.
- MOVE Yoga is not responsible for the safekeeping of your belongings.
- MOVE Yoga reserves the right to refuse entry at anytime.
- All purchases are final. MOVE Yoga does not offer refunds on services or products for change of mind, injury, illness, change of address or any other reason.
- All passes and memberships are non-transferable or interchangeable. Should a transfer be granted, there will be a $50 admin fee and the transfer taken under consideration.
- Passes and membership may not be shared. Anyone discovered sharing memberships will be denied entry and forfeit their pass or membership permanently.
- Suspensions for all unlimited memberships are available for minimum 1 week and up to the maximum allowed on the specific membership (see membership terms). Anything under 1 week will not be considered as a suspension.
- Gift cards may be redeemed for classes, memberships or products. They are not redeemable for cash.
- Prices may increase from time to time to reflect increases in cost and benefits.
- Concession rates are available at 15% off the full price of all regular yoga class pricing options. Concession rates are only available for purchase in the studio and are not offered in conjunction with any other special offer. Concession students must present proof of identification at time of purchase.
Seek advice from Medical Professional
As with any physical activity, it is important that before beginning any fitness regime, you consult with your health care professional to ensure that you are mindful of your current health and any restrictions that are appropriate for you. You should immediately seek medical attention if there are any unanticipated changes to your physical condition at any time. No information contained in the Challenge and associated material and reading is intended to be used as medical advice and the any material is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition (including any mental health conditions) or for any therapeutic purposes. Before relying on the information, you should carefully evaluate the accuracy and relevance of the information for their purposes and obtain appropriate professional medical advice. You must consult a qualified medical professional if you have any questions concerning your medical condition or injury
Information provided on Website
All information provided by us on the during the Challenge is provided in good faith. We derive our information from sources which we believe to be accurate and up to date as at the date of publication. We may update any information at any time but you acknowledge that some information may not be the most current knowledge. In addition, to the extent permitted by law, we do not make any representations or warranties that any information we provide is reliable, accurate or complete and we make no guarantees of any specific result from use of this information or the information service provided through it. To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss arising from any action taken or reliance by you on any information or material provided.
Nutritional information provided is taken from sources provided by third parties, including the Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) NUTTAB 2010 guide to nutrient content. Before relying on any nutritional information provided, you should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of this information for your purposes, and consider the need to obtain appropriate expert advice relevant to your circumstances. FSANZ has made considerable effort to ensure the quality of information in NUTTAB 2010, however, none of FSANZ, MOVE or any other provider of nutritional information gives any warranty that the information is free from error or suitable for your purposes. There are limitations associated with food composition databases. Nutrient data published in a database such as NUTTAB 2010 may represent an average of the nutrient content of a particular sample of foods and ingredients, determined at a particular time. The nutrient composition of foods and ingredients can vary substantially between batches and brands because of a number of factors, including changes in season, changes in formulation, processing practices and ingredient source. While most of the data contained in NUTTAB 2010 are generated from analysed values, some of the data are borrowed from overseas food composition tables; supplied by the food industry; taken from food labels; imputed from similar foods; or calculated using a recipe approach.
In conjunction with the meal plan and advice provided during the Challenge, we recommended that you exercise regularly. Persons with pre-existing medical conditions, in poor health, or with any concerns as to commencement of a new fitness regime should consult with an appropriate healthcare professional before beginning any of these programs. You are responsible to make your own inquiries and seek independent advice from a healthcare professional before acting on any information or material made available to you through our Website. The information on the Website may not be suitable to your particular circumstances and is not a substitute for obtaining specific advice from a qualified health care professional. In particular, if you fall within one of the following classes of persons, then you should first consult a healthcare professional before following any exercise programs or using any of the information provided during the Challenge:
- pregnant women and women who are breastfeeding or who are trying to conceive a child;
- persons with any ongoing physical condition such as:
- persons suffering from cancer or other long term illness;
- persons with liver disease, kidney disease, or renal failure,
- persons with eating disorders;
- persons with diabetes, blood pressure or cholesterol issues;
- elderly persons;
- persons recovering from or recently recovered from illness or injury; and
- persons with a low body mass index
The Challenge Contest
The Body Evolution Secrets Challenge and associated contest referred to as the “Challenge” is a game of commitment. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual overly body transformation, which will be determined by taking into account class attendance, mindfulness attendance, data recorded from stress test, weigh in's, BMI, mobility, posture, strength test, alignment, breath rate, heart rate, calorie intake, mindset. The winner must attend 3 1:1 private sessions with a MOVE Peak Performance Coach.
Employees of MOVE Yoga are ineligible to enter the competition. Additionally, persons who are not members of The Challenge are not eligible for any of the prizes associated with this promotion.
Based on the data collected throughout the Challenge the winner/s of the Body Evolution Secret's Challenge will be determined by MOVE Yoga at its sole discretion.
Winners of the competition must be above 18 years old.
MOVE Yoga reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
The prize's is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of this prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize. Prize cannot be gifted to other persons in lieu of the winner not being able to use it.
By entering the challenge, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
The winner will be notified in writing by email within thirty (30) working days of the conclusion of the competition.